I want to share some ways that I have turned my weaknesses into strengths.
1. I have been brutally honest with others about my weaknesses. There are people on our staff who know my strengths and weaknesses very well.
2. I have put people around me who are gifted in areas where I am not.
3. I have turned these gifted people loose and let them lead.
4. I submit to these gifted people. I always reserve the right to veto them, but I choose to submit to their wisdom and advice because they are more gifted and know more in certain areas than I do.
5. I’ve embraced the fact that I’m only really good at two or three things and I want to focus on doing those two or three things really well. My weaknesses are covered with other people who are on the team so my weaknesses are really strengths because other gifted people have those areas covered.
6. I spend time praying, fasting and yielding to the work of the Holy Spirit in my life. There are areas that I constantly have to allow the Holy Spirit to change so that I can be all that God wants me to be. Some of those areas are my attitude, perspective, bad habits or small thinking that hinder me from maximizing my potential.
7. There are certain weaknesses that the Holy Spirit has changed on the inside of me, and today they are strengths. I’m not talking about gifts. I’m talking about the Holy Spirit’s work on the inside of me. I can’t over state the importance of allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal your weaknesses and then allowing Him to change those internal weaknesses into strengths. God desires to change our attitude, perspective, habits and small thinking so that we can be all that HE has called us to be!